LocallyGrown.net DMCA Notice and Takedown Procedure
LocallyGrown.net supports the protection of intellectual property and asks their users to do the same. It is our policy to expeditiously respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), the text of which can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office website, https://www.copyright.gov.
It is expected that all users of any part of LocallyGrown.net will comply with applicable copyright laws. If, however, we receive proper notification of claimed copyright infringement, our response to such notices will include removing or disabling access to material claimed to be the subject of infringing activity and/or terminating the user’s account.
To report content on LocallyGrown.net that you believe violates or infringes your copyright, please email all relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not sure if copyright laws protect the material, we suggest that you first contact a lawyer.
How to file a Counter-Notice
The provider of the allegedly infringing content may make a counter notification pursuant to sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of the US Copyright Act.
To file a counter notification with us, you must provide a written communication (by either responding to the DMCA takedown notice email we sent you or through regular mail) that sets out the information specified in the list below. Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is not infringing the copyrights of others or that the material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification. Accordingly, if you are not sure whether certain material infringes the copyrights of others or that the material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, we suggest that you first contact a lawyer.
To expedite our ability to process your request, please use the following format:
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- Your name, address, and telephone number;
- The following statement: "I consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the [insert the federal judicial district in which your address is located]";
- The following statement: "I will accept service of process from [insert the name of the person who submitted the infringement notification] or his/her agent";
- The following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the affected material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled"; and
- Sign the document with your physical or electronic signature; and
- Send the written communication to email@example.com
In accordance with Section 512(i)(1)(a) of the DMCA, Locallygrown.net will, in appropriate circumstances, disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers.
PO Box 1752
Athens, GA 30603