These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Stuffed Zucchini Boats
From Old99Farm Market
<p>These are fun to make and fun to eat! I replaced the sausage with ground beef and I and used pesto instead of chopped or dried basil. I used gruyere cheese but you can also us an old cheddar or parmesan. Get creative.</p>Source: http://www.barbarabakes.com/2013/07/stuffed-zucchini-boats/ (Entered by Kelly Graham)
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and using a spoon, scoop out flesh, leaving 1/2-in. shells.
- Chop the scooped out flesh of the zucchini in small pieces and set aside.
- Brown sausage in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add onion and cook until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender. Add garlic and cook for another minute. If necessary, drain any excess fat.
- Stir in tomatoes, basil, and chopped zucchini. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Divide the sausage mixture between the shells (boats), and then top with breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until zucchini is tender and top is golden brown.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings