These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Southern Italian Pasta
<p>We spent way too much time down in Rochester one year and became very familiar with an Italian restaurant down there, Victoria’s. Highly recommended. They have a southern Italian pasta that is out of this world— tho can’t remember the name! <span class="caps">BUT</span>! It is easy to toss together at home.</p>Source: Reverse engineered from Victoria's restaurant in Rochester, MN (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
Step by Step Instructions
- Start a large pot of water to boil. Add your pasta and cook according to directions.
- Begin to sauté your onions in a large pan/skillet; then they start to turn clear, add peppers, zucchini, squash and mushrooms.
- When those veggies start to soften, add olives, tomatoes, garlic, herbs and salt.
- Simmer the concoction until tomatoes have softened and fallen apart and all veggies are al dente.
- Drain pasta and allow to dry a bit.
- Plate your pasta and top with sauce. Enjoy.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings