These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
From Auburn Locally Grown
<p>I have been making this recipe for years! You can use any squash, mix and match – be adventurous! You can mix up the squash, onions and carrots and dry ingredients ahead of time. Double the batch and put one in the freezer if you like!</p>Source: The Side Tracked Sisters Get Caught up in the Kitchen (Entered by Charlie Adams)
Step by Step Instructions
- Prepare vegetables. Place in bowl. Stir in salt, pepper, herbs and half of the cheese.
- Stir in Biscuit mix or make your own. 1 cup flour, 1/4 cup corn meal, 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder. Mix together well before stirring into vegetables.
- Turn out mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Beat 3 eggs until light. Whisk in oil.
- Pour over zucchini mixture.
- Top with remainder of the cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F. for 40 minutes or vegetables fork tender.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings