These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Scrambled Tofu Florentine
<p>An elegant version of the tofu scramble— works well for breakfast, lunch or dinner.</p>Source: Christinacooks.com (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
Step by Step Instructions
- Place a small amount of oil and onion in a deep skillet and turn heat to medium. When the onions begin to sizzle, add a pinch of salt and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in carrot and celery and cook, stirring, until shiny with oil.
- Add mirin, crumbled tofu and turmeric and stir well, incorporating turmeric throughout the dish. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in arugula and soy cheese, cover and cook for 1 minute. Turn off heat and allow to stand until cheese melts, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir well to combine and serve garnished with fresh parsley. Makes 3-4 servings.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings