These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
<p>This soup is a perfect cooking option to clean out the freezer and the root cellar.</p>Source: Razz (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
Step by Step Instructions
- Add all ingredients in order to large cooking pot; simmer 45min. Serve with crushed tortilla and/or Tofutti brand Sour Supreme.
- Many ingredients can be put-up the season before.
- tomatoes (core, dice, freezer bag, freeze)
- cherry tomatoes (just pop in a freezer bag, freeze)
- ground paprika pepper (slice, dry, grind)
- green/red/paprika peppers(slice, freezer bag, freeze)
- cilantro (loose chop, plastic tub, cover w/ water, freeze, pop out and freezer bag)
- kale (wash, pat dry, freezer bag, freeze)
- jalapenos (freezer bag whole, freeze)
- corn (blanch 2min, ice water cool, slice from cob, freezer bag, freeze)
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings