These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
From Athens Locally Grown
<p>Grinding corn every week we think of the other uses for corn… up here in the mountains it is moonshine. Here is homage to this wonderful preservation of organic, heirloom corn</p>Source: Sylvan Falls Mill (Entered by Mike Johnson)
Serves: stuffs a 12-14 pound bird
Step by Step Instructions
- the day before, make a pone of corn bread and let it sit our over night to become a bit stale
- the morning of, break the corn bread into small chunks and place in big bowl
- saute the next six ingredients ( the dry seasonings and onion and garlic)in a dab of butter and add to the corn bread chunks
- combine the stock, bourbon and pepper sauce in a small bowl or large cup
- add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, 1/3 at a time until a "stuffing" consistency is achieved.
- salt the cavity of the bird and stuff 2/3 full with stuffing and cook
- extra can be placed in a baking dish with a bit more stock and cooked in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings