These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Spiced Carrot Soup
<p>This carrot soup is a flavor roller coaster and a beautiful spring color!</p> <p>If curry isn’t a flavor for you, put in a spice you like! A recipe is only a guideline.</p> <p>For more recipes and pictures, visit www.NaturalTeachingKitchen.com</p>Source: Natural Teaching Kitchen / Jennifer Richter (Entered by Jennifer Richter)
Step by Step Instructions
- In a soup pot, heat olive oil, add onion and garlic cook about 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Increase the heat to medium high and add the carrots and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add curry powder, salt, and pepper, cook about 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Increase the heat to high, add the stock and bring the soup to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for about 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Blend all ingredients in pot to make smooth with a hand mixer.
- Pour soup into bowls, drizzle with yogurt and sprinkle with cilantro.
- Switch Up! If you are one of my carnivores, preheat the oven to 350, line a baking sheet with a wire rack, place prosciutto on the rack lined baking sheet. Bake until crisp about 20 minutes. Let it cool, and top soup with Crispy Prosciutto along with Greek Yogurt, & Cilantro.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings