These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
<p>Lambsquarters is a naturalized spinach relative. Very nutritious! 6 grams protein, 281% DV vitamin A, 111%DV vitamin C, lots of vitamin K…This recipe is delicious and much lower in fat and cholesterol than typical quiches. Feel free to change the egg mixture if you are not concerned about cholesteraol, and to add other vegetables as you see fit.</p>Source: Heather Halsey, Second Chance Farm (Entered by Karen Childress)
Serves: makes one quiche
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup cheese in bottom of uncooked pie crust
- Pack lambsquarters on top, filling pie shell close to the top.
- Whisk whole eggs, egg whites, skim milk, and nutmeg together.
- Pour egg and milk mixture over lambsquarters, slowly. Mixture should be visible but not as high as lambsquarters.
- Sprinkle rest of cheese on top, dust with paprika, and bake 45 minutes or until golden brown and firm in center.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings