These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Linguine in Cream Sauce with Poached Eggs and Bacon
From Stones River Market
<p>Here is another recipe from Pinterest.com where local products can be used.</p>Source: Anncoo Journal through Foodbuzz (http://www.foodbuzz.com/) (Entered by John Erdmann)
Serves: Serves 2
Step by Step Instructions
- Cut each strip of bacon into halves. Peel and chop onion.
- Cook the linguine in lightly salted water with a touch of oil according to the instruction on the package. Drain and set aside.
- Poach eggs in water ~ Boil about 1 litre of water add 1/2 tsp of white vinegar and stir well with a spoon. Put the eggs in and cover the lid. Do not stir right away. Let it sit for about 4 minutes and gently scoop it out with a ladle.
- Fry the bacon until crispy. Drain and set aside. Stir fry the onion in the same pan. Add Cream and milk and let it simmer for a while then add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Toss the linguine into the sauce and serve.
- Top with bacon and poached egg.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings