These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Tomato & Mozzarella Salad
<p>This salad is as simple as it is delicious, with healthful ingredients to keep your meal lite. This salad pairs well with any Italian dish or can be used as a stand-alone meal.</p>Source: Dig In! Garden (Entered by Bryan Mader)
Step by Step Instructions
- Wash 4 oz. of spinach (found on the market!) and place in a large bowl
- Cut the Roma Tomatoes (any tomatoes will do) into bite sized pieces (quartering usually works well) and add to the bowl on top of the spinach.
- Slice the Fresh Mozzarella Cheese into bite sized pieces and add to the spinach and tomatoes in the bowl.
- Drizzle 4 Tablespoons (or to taste) of Balsamic Vinaigrette onto the salad and toss all ingredients together.
- Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator to serve when ready.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings