These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Fresh Mint Jelly
<p>This is another great use for fresh mint of any variety. Have fun and get creative with this one, try using Apple Mint, Pineapple Mint, or Orange Mint instead of the traditional Spearmint or Peppermint.</p> <p>To double the recipe, use 1 full bottle of Certo.</p>Source: http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1923,147176-248194,00.html (Entered by Patricia Kirkham)
Serves: Number of jars of jelly made determined by size of jars used.
Step by Step Instructions
- To mint leaves, add boiling water and lemon juice.
- Let stand 1 hour.
- Add sugar.
- Bring to boiling point and strain.
- Add Certo and green color to turn mixture to desired delicate green color.
- Bring to the boiling point and boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and pour in jelly glasses.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings