These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing
From Stones River Market
<p>A customer sent me this recipe and recommended that the hot bacon dressing will also work with the lettuces we have on the Market</p>Source: The Pioneer Woman (http://thepioneerwoman.com) (Entered by John Erdmann)
Serves: Serves six
Step by Step Instructions
- Cook eggs: cover with water, bring to a boil, then turn off heat and allow to sit in water for 20 minutes. Drain off water and add ice on top of eggs.
- Fry bacon until crispy/chewy. Remove to a paper towel.
- Remove 3 tablespoons grease and set aside.
- Add 2 add'l tablespoons of grease to a separate skillet over medium heat.
- Slice red onions very thinly, then add to skillet. Cook slowly until onions are caramelized and reduced. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Slice mushrooms and add them to the same skillet. Cook slowly until caramelized and brown. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Chop bacon.
- Peel and slice eggs.
- Make hot bacon dressing: Add 3 tablespoons bacon grease, vinegar, sugar, and Dijon to a small saucepan or skillet over medium-low heat. Whisk mixture together and heat thoroughly.
- Add spinach or lettuce to a large bowl. Arrange onions, mushrooms, and bacon on top. Pour hot dressing over the top; toss to combine. Arrange eggs over the top and serve.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings