These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Guinea fowl with garlic and rosemary served with bruschetta
<p>This recipe is good for chicken or guinea. It takes less than 30 mins preparation time and about 30 mins to 1 hour cooking time.</p>Source: BBC Food Recipes (Entered by Tena Moore)
Serves: Serves 4
Step by Step Instructions
- 1.Season the guinea fowl chunks with salt and pepper and coat with plain flour.
- 2.In a large heavy-based frying pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil. When hot, add the floured guinea fowl and seal well on all sides until golden-brown and quite crispy.
- 3.At this stage, reduce the heat to low, add the garlic and rosemary, cover with a lid and cook for 30 minutes, turning the meat from time to time.
- 4.After 30 minutes increase the heat to high, remove the lid, add the white wine (if you wish you could flambé the fowl now) or allow to evaporate.
- 5.To make the bruschetta, when the guinea fowl is ready, toast some slices of bread. Immediately rub on some garlic and drizzle some of the olive oil from the guinea fowl sauce. Serve the guinea fowl with slices of bruschetta.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings