These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Lavender Tea Bread
From CSA Farmers Market
<p>A delicately lavender scented and flavored quick bread, to serve at your next tea party.</p>Source: somewhere on the world wide web (Entered by Pat Whetham)
Serves: 1 loaf
Step by Step Instructions
- *make lavender sugar by crumbling 1 - 2 TBS lavender flowers (use culinary lavender that is clean and free of chaff) into 1 cup sugar
- heat milk with lavender flowers until almost boiling. Let steep until cool.
- Combine flour with baking powder and salt. Cream butter and sugar, then add eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture to creamed ingredients alternately with the lavender milk. Do not overbeat. turn into a buttered and floured 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Finish with a powdered sugar glaze and a sprinkling of lavender sugar
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings