These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Turmeric Eggplant Curry
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>Simple & flavorful with <span class="caps">LOTS</span> of veggies! This recipe works great served over rice, in a wrap or burrito, or as a sauce for steamed vegetables! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!</p>Source: www.forksoverknives.com (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with a suitable liner, then cut the eggplant into 3rds lengthwise. Place on prepared baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes. Prep the other ingredients while the eggplant cooks.
- While 5 minutes remain for the eggplant's cook time, heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, then saute them for 2 to 5 minutes. Add water in tablespoons to prevent sticking. Remove the eggplant from the oven, allow to cool slightly, then chop into large pieces.
- Add the eggplant, mushrooms, tomatoes, turmeric, ginger, and red pepper flakes to the pot and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the lentils, coconut milk, and vegetable broth, stir, then bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the kale and salt to taste.
- Serve as desired with toppings/accompaniments of choice!
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings