These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>A ridiculously sweet & easy baked good made with local honey & pecans! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!</p>Source: food.com (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
3/4 cup Canola oil
1/4 cup Honey
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 cup Sugar
2 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 cup Chopped pecans (optional)
1 pinch Salt
1 teaspoon Baking soda
FOR THE GLAZE:
1/2 cup Confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 teaspoon Milk
2 tablespoons Butter (melted)
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease & flour a 9x13 baking pan.
- Stir the sugar, flour, cinnamon, pecans (if using), salt and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Mix oil, honey, egg and vanilla together in a mixing bowl, then mix in the dry ingredients. Put the dough into the baking pan and spread it evenly across the pan with a spatula. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the bars bake, prepare the glaze. Combine all of the ingredient in the glaze section, then pour & spread the mixture across the bars directly after you take them out of the oven.
- After the bars cool, slice them.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings