These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Ruby Red Beet & Apple Salad
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>A gorgeous red salad made with fresh beets, kale, carrots, cabbage,and apples! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!</p>Source: www.tasteofhome.com (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
Step by Step Instructions
- Scrub the beets and trim off the tops.
- Place the beets into a Dutch oven and add water to cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Remove the beets from the water to cool.
- Peel the beets and cut them into cubes. Combine the beets, apples, kale, cabbage, carrots, onion in a bowl.
- Whisk the vinegar, oil, honey, salt, curry powder, ginger, garlic powder and pepper together. Pour the mixture over the salad
- Cover the salad, then put the it into the fridge and chill for at least 4 hours (stirring occasionally) before serving.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings