These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Carrot Cake Cookies
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>These cozy oatmeal cookies are boosted with flavor from fresh carrots & nuts! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!</p>Source: fitfoodiefinds.com (modified slightly) (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
Serves: 16 cookies
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Cut up the butter and put it into the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the brown sugar and cream them together for 5 minutes on medium speed.
- Meanwhile, pulverize the oats slightly in a food processor. Put the pulverized oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and salt into a bowl and stir together.
- Add egg and vanilla extract to the creamed mixture, then mix on medium until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixer, stopping periodically to scrape the sides of the mixing bowl. Add the grated carrot, nuts, and raisins and mix until they are combined with the batter.
- Scoop out the batter with a 1 1/2 tablespoon scoop, roll the dough into balls with your hands, then flatten the ball and place it onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Serve with ice cream, with a glass of milk, and/or topped with a bit of sea salt (if desired).
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings