These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Crispy Shrimp Burgers with Spicy Mayo
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>These flavor-packed seafood burgers are made with fresh wild-caught shrimp! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!</p>Source: www.today.com (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
Step by Step Instructions
- Put the butter and scallions into a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and set the scallions aside.
- Mix the shrimp, cheddar cheese, breadcrumbs, lime juice, smoked paprika, egg, garlic, salt, pepper, and scallions together in a large bowl until just combined. Form into 4 1/2-inch thick patties. Put the patties onto a parchment paper-lined plate, then refrigerate 5 to 10 minutes to firm up the patties.
- Make the spicy mayo: whisk together the mayonnaise, hot sauce, lemon juice, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of the mixture on the cut side of each of the buns. Cook cut-side down on a hot skillet for 2 minutes. Remove the buns from the heat and set them aside.
- Heat the oil into a nonstick skillet over medium heat. When hot, put the patties into the skillet and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Spread the remaining spicy mayo on each of the buns, then add a patty and some lettuce and enjoy!
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings