These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Beef Short Ribs Vindaloo
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>A spicy and flavorful rib recipe that’s made using a pressure cooker! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!</p>Source: www.tasteofhome.com (modified slightly) (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
Step by Step Instructions
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and set heat to medium. Add and toast the cumin and coriander seeds until aromatic (making sure to stir frequently). Remove the seeds from the cooker and allow them to cool, then coarsely crush them with either a spice grinder or a mortar and pestle.
- Melt the butter over medium heat, then add the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook stirring for 1 minute, then add the mustard seeds, cloves, salt, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and the crushed seed mixture. Cook stirring for 1 minute more, then remove and allow to cool.
- Combine the red wine vinegar, the bay leaves, and the onion mixture in a large shallow dish. Add the short ribs and turn to coat. Refrigerate covered overnight.
- When ready to cook, Put the ribs (mixture and all) and the beef broth into the pressure cooker. Lock the lid and close the pressure-release valve. Cook on high pressure for 40 minutes.
- Allow to naturally release pressure for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure. Set to saute with medium heat. Add peas and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Skim off and discard excess fat, and discard the bay leaves.
- Serve the ribs with rice, plain yogurt, and/or cilantro if desired.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings