These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Turkey, Turnip and Potato Casserole
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>Packed with good veggies like turnips, onions, carrots, and potatoes! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!</p>Source: foodjaunts.com (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
Step by Step Instructions
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, then add the onion, carrot, and garlic and saute for 20 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Layer the turnips, saute mixture, and potatoes in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish that has been coated in the vegetable spray.
- Stir the sour cream, salt & pepper, thyme, and chicken stock together. Microwave this mixture on high for 5 minutes, then pour it over the vegetables in the baking pan.
- Cover the casserole, then bake it at 425 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover it, then bake for 30 more. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs and cheese over the casserole and bake for 30 more minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve with salad
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings