These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Pan-Fried Turkey Livers with Bacon and Onions
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>A simple and delicious recipe that uses locally raised turkeys! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!(</p>Source: www.saveur.com (modified slightly) (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
Step by Step Instructions
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, salt, and pepper and cook stirring occasionally for 20 minutes, then aside.
- Heat a different skillet over medium-high heat and cook the bacon, turning it occasionally, for 10 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a plate and set it aside.
- Combine 2 teaspoons of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, the flour, the paprika, and the nutmeg in a bowl. Dredge the liver slices in this mixture.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet over medium high heat until the butter foams. Working in batches, cook the liver slices for 2 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining butter & liver.
- Serve the liver mixed together with the bacon and onions.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings