These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Sweet and Spicy Satsuma Turkey
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>A flavorful recipe that combines locally raised turkey with seasonal satsumas! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!</p>Source: https://www.myrecipes.com/ (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
Step by Step Instructions
- Combine the onion, white wine, orange juice, marmalade, tamarind paste, and crushed red pepper in a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Rinse the turkey and pat it dry, then sprinkle it with 5-spice powder & salt. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat and add the oil. Cook the turkey for 3 or 4 minutes on each side.
- Place the turkey in a single layer over the onion mixture in the slow-cooker. Add the satsuma sections, then cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove the turkey from the cooker and discard the bones. Place the onion mixture & satsuma sections into a saucepan.
- Combine 1/4 cup of the onion mixture with the cornstarch, then whisk them together. Stir the cornstarch mixture in with the contents of the saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Serve the turkey with sauce, rice, and sliced green onions.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings