These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Lemon Blueberry Layer Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>A lovely rich cake with lush frosting! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!</p>Source: https://sallysbakingaddiction.com (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease three 9-inch or 8-inch round cake pans (8 inch will make a thicker cake). Line the bottom with parchment paper, then grease the parchment paper.
- Using a mixer, beat the butter for 1 minute. Add both sugars and beat on medium-high speed for 2 to 3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla extract, then beat on medium for 2 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl as often as necessary.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, baking powder, and salt, then whisk them together before slowly adding the mixture to the wet ingredients. Beat for 5 seconds to combine.
- Beat in the milk, lemon zest, and lemon juice until the mixture is only just barely combined. In a separate bowl, toss the blueberries with 1 Tablespoon of flour before folding them into the batter.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared cake pans. Bake for 21 to 25 minutes. Allow thorough cooling before assembling and frosting.
- TO MAKE THE FROSTING: Using a mixer, beat cream cheese and butter together on medium speed for 3 minutes. Add the confectioners’ sugar, 1 Tablespoon of heavy cream, the vanilla extract, and salt with the mixer running on low. Increase to high speed and beat for 3 minutes. You can add additional cream if you feel the frosting is too thick.
- TO ASSEMBLE: Use a serrated knife to trim off the tops of the cakes. Evenly coat the first layer with frosting, top the cake with the second layer of cake, frost the second layer, and top that layer with the final layer of cake and frost it as well. Top with additional blueberries and/or lemon if desired. Refrigerate for 45 minutes before cutting.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings