These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Lemon Plum Sorbet
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>A chilly, refreshing, and vegan friendly treat! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!</p>Source: www.tasteofhome.com (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
Step by Step Instructions
- Bring 8 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add plums, cover them, and boil them for 30 to 45 seconds. Drain the saucepan and place the plums in the bowl of ice water. Once cooled, pat the plums dry. Remove skins, slice in half, and remove the pits.
- Bring the sugar and 1 cup of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Cook and stir until the sugar has dissolved, then add the lemon juice and zest and set aside to cool.
- Put the plums into a food processor and add the sugar mixture. Cover and process for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour the puree into an 8 inch square dish. Freeze for 1 hour, stir, then return the dish to the freezer for 2 more hours.
- Put the frozen plum mixture into a food processor and blend for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings