These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Chilled Sorrel Soup
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>This tart vegetarian soup is a great choice for a refreshing summer dish! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!</p>Source: www.tasteofhome.com (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
Step by Step Instructions
- Remove center stems and ribs from sorrel and wrap them in cheesecloth bundle. Chop the sorrel leaves into thin strips.
- Combine the water, lemon juice, sorrel leaves and bundle of stems in a saucepan. Simmer for 20 minutes, then discard the stems.
- Beat the egg yolks in a small bowl and add a small amount of the sorrel mixture, stir them together thoroughly, and add it to the pan. Cook the soup until it thickens, but do not boil.
- Allow the soup to cool, then place it into the refrigerator to chill for several hours.
- Remove the soup from the refrigerator, add salt & pepper to taste, and garnish with sour cream & additional sorrel if desired.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings