These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Chef John's Italian Sausage Chili
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>This chili is a great way to warm up on a cold day! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!</p>Source: Chef John via www.allrecipes.com (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
Step by Step Instructions
- Heat your oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Stir together both kinds of sausage, onion, and salt. Cook for about 10 minutes, breaking up the sausage while cooking.
- Add the ancho chile powder, paprika, cumin, ground black pepper, chipotle chile powder, and oregano into sausage mixture and let it cook for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the water and tomato puree into the sausage mixture. Bring it to a simmer, then lower the heat to the medium-low range. Let cook for 45 minutes, adding more water if necessary.
- Stir cannellini beans, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper into sausage mixture. Simmer the chili for 30 minutes more.
- Top with onion slices, sour cream, and/or fresh basil if desired.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings