These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Simple Swiss Chard, Smoked Trout Linguini
From Monroe Farm Market
<p>This recipe listed fresh salmon for the fish, however for <span class="caps">MFM</span>, smoked trout seemed appropriate! Swiss chard can be substituted by any kale or spinach.</p>Source: www.food.com (Entered by Monroe Farm Market)
Step by Step Instructions
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. While chopping vegetables.
- Saute garlic and oregano in oil over medium heat for about 1 minute until garlic is slightly cooked (but not browned), then add swiss chard and cook until wilted.
- When water comes to a boil, add salt and sprig from oregano along with the pasta and cook 2 minutes less than the package directions indicate for the pasta cooking time.
- Add the white wine to the swiss chard pan to deglaze it, scraping the bits in the bottom of the pan. Let the alcohol cook off for a few minutes then add tomatoes (with liquid) and trout.
- When the pasta is 2 minutes from finished, remove the pasta from the water and finish cooking in the sauce. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings