These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Mashed Butternut Squash with Goat Cheese and Rosemary
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>Goat cheese and fresh rosemary and richness and a slight piney flavor to mashed butternut squash. A great alternative to potatoes!</p>Source: Recipe Runner (Entered by Market Manager)
Step by Step Instructions
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Once boiling add in a big pinch of salt and the cubed butternut squash.
- Cook the butternut squash until soft, about 10-15 minutes depending how big your cubes are.
- Drain the water out of the pot and add in the goat cheese, milk, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Mash with a potato masher or immersion blender/stick until desired mashed consistency is reached.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings