These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>If you have some extra strawberries on hand, you can freeze them whole.</p>Source: Statesboro Main Street Farmers Market (Entered by Market Manager)
Serves: As many as you like
Step by Step Instructions
- Wash and hull strawberries, remove leaves.
- Place strawberries on a single layer on a baking sheet, not touching each other (this will make the strawberries freeze individually, instead of clumped together)
- Place the baking sheet with strawberries in freezer until frozen.
- When they are frozen, pop them off the baking sheet and place in a plastic bag or freezer container.
- Enjoy as you like, are very good for smoothies.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings