These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Baked Eggs in Maple Toast Cups
<p>A twist on an egg and bacon sandwich with that incomparable maple flavor – yum! Even better, they’re easy, and great for company!</p>Source: The Official Vermont Maple Cookbook, pamphlet by the Vermont Dept of Ag (Entered by Erin Harris)
Serves: serves 3-6
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter 6 large muffin cups.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and add syrup.
- Flatten bread with rolling pin. Brush with syrup mixture and pat slices into prepared muffin cups.
- Sprinkle bacon, ham or sausage into bottom of each bread-lined cup. Break an egg into each cup; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 15 min, or til eggs are set. Run a knife around sides of muffin cups to loosen bread and gently lift out toast cups. Serve immediately.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings