These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Grain Free Oven Fried Chicken Livers
From Dothan, Alabama
<p>Chicken livers breaded with coconut flour and seasonings and baked. I made these pretty spicy but you can adjust the seasonings however you want. I used a Big Boss countertop oven but it should work fine in a regular oven.</p>Source: Patty Donovan (Entered by Patricia Donovan)
1 LB Chicken Livers
2 TBS Coconut Flour
1 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 TBS Paprika
1/2 TBS Italian Seasoning
1 TBS Dried Parsley
1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 TBS EVOO (reserved)
Step by Step Instructions
- Drain chicken livers, cut in 1/2 and pat dry.
- Place all seasonings in large zip lock bag and shake to mix well. Do not add olive oil.
- Add chicken livers to bag and shake to coat evenly.
- Coat a large cookie sheet with olive oil (or oil of choice) and place chicken livers on sheet in a single layer.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake at 350F for about 45 minutes.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings