These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Simplest Chocolate Buckwheat Cake
From Greener Acres Farm
<p>The texture is like pound cake, velvety and moist with a silky smooth crumb. The flavor is right on with buttery chocolate and it’s not overly sweet, but is definitely sweet enough to tame your sweet tooth and satisfy all the chocoholics at your table.</p>Source: https://www.glutenfreegigi.com/simplest-chocolate-buckwheat-cake/?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly (Entered by Cathie Dibert)
Serves: Square 8- or 9-inch baking pan, or an 11×7-inch glass baking dish
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a square 8- or 9-inch baking pan, or an 11×7-inch glass baking dish (my preference). Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter together over very low heat (or use a bain-marie, double boiler, if you wish) stirring continuously just until chocolate is melted, then remove from heat. Set the chocolate/butter mixture aside and in a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs then add the sugar, whisking again until the eggs are frothy.
- Whisk in the yogurt and vanilla. Carefully add a bit of the chocolate/butter mixture to the egg mixture, whisking as you go. Add a little at a time, continue whisking, until all the chocolate is incorporated.
- Whisk in the flour until batter is smooth. Pour into prepared pan and bake 30 minutes, until just set in center.
- Cool at least 30 minutes in pan before slicing into squares to serve warm, or cool completely if you prefer.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings