These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Creamy Summer Squash Soup
<p>A delicious way to incorporate the health benefits of bone stock while using all the summer squashes! This soup is a smooth and rich summertime treat.</p>Source: Very loosely adapted from The Food Charlatan's Creamy Zucchini Soup Recipe (Entered by Shalley & David Carrell)
Step by Step Instructions
- 1.Heat a Dutch oven or medium-sized heavy bottomed pot over medium heat. Add the butter and/or olive oil.
- 2.When it is hot and shimmers, add the onions and garlic. Don't chop your garlic too small, you don't want to burn it.
- 3.Saute for 5 minutes or so while you slice the zucchini.
- 4.Slice all the zucchini into rounds and add to the pot.
- 5.Saute for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is fork tender.
- 6.Add the Alpaca Bone Stock, salt and pepper.
- 7.Continue to simmer another 10-15 minutes, until the zucchini is very soft.
- 8.Use an immersion blender to blend the soup. Or transfer the soup to a blender or food processor, leaving the tab at the top open to allow steam to escape. Hold a towel over the top so you don't spray yourself with hot liquid. Blend in batches if necessary. Pour the soup back into the pot.
- 9.Reheat the soup on medium heat if needed.
- 10.Garnish with cream, if desired.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings