These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
<p>A marvelous dish to use as a side to a main meat dish. Chiles prepared this way are delicious and can be a main dish when stuffed with meat instead of cheese and served along with re-fried beans and rice.</p>Source: New Mexico State University Circular No. 396. (Entered by Jerry Markham)
Step by Step Instructions
- Peel peppers, open small slit below stem and remove seeds.
- Combine cheese and onion before carefully ( to avoid breaking pepper) filling with cheese or meat filling.
- Cook until golden brown, turning once, in 360 - 365 degree oil.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Beat yolks until thick.
- Sift together dry ingredients, and add to yolks, blending well.
- Fold whites into yolk mixture.
- Dip stuffed peppers into batter then fry in deep fat, turning once, until golden brown.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings