These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
From Greener Acres Farm
<p>In baking, spelt behaves like whole wheat flour and has a wonderful nutty flavor. It can be used just as you would whole wheat flour and substituted for the same in any of your favorite recipes. It can also be used in combination with other flours or, like the recipe below, it can be used on its own.</p>Source: http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/spelt-muffins-recipe (Entered by Cathie Dibert)
Serves: 12 muffins
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin tin, or line with papers.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix together the milk, eggs and oil and combine with the dry ingredients, stirring for 20 seconds and no more.
- To add variety, add 1/2 cup chopped almonds or 2/3 cup chopped dates or raisins (or a combination) to the batter.
- Fill the muffin cups two-thirds full and bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Store, well-wrapped, at room temperature for 3 days, or freeze for up to a month.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings