These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Lemon Roasted Chicken
From Cape Locally Grown
<p>A great dish for Sunday dinner or a meal with family.</p>Source: Tyler Florence, Food Network (Entered by Lance Green)
Serves: Serves 4
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse the chicken with cool water, inside and out, then pat it dry with paper towels.
- Season the cavity with seasoning salt, and then stuff the lemon or lemon balm, garlic scapes, and herb mix inside.
- Place the chicken, breast-side up, in a roasting pan.
- Tie the legs of the chicken together with kitchen twine to help hold its shape.
- Toss the potatoes around the chicken. Season the whole thing with a fair amount of seasoning salt and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast the chicken and potatoes for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Don't forget to baste the chicken with the drippings and rotate the pan every 20 minutes or so to insure a golden crispy skin.
- The chicken is done when an instant-read thermometer says 165 degrees F when inserted into the thickest part of the thigh (the legs of the chicken should wiggle easily from the sockets too.)
- Remove the chicken to a platter and let stand for 10 minutes, so the juices settle back into the meat before carving. Serve with the roasted potatoes on the side.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings