These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
<p>An easy reecipe to use!</p>Source: Internet (Entered by Jerry Markham)
Serves: 5 Pints
Step by Step Instructions
- Cook beets (boil) in enough water to cover until tender.
- Allow to cool enough to handle
- Remove the outer skin from the roots (it should just slip off).
- If roots are small (1" or less) leave whole otherwise quarter or half, as desired.
- Place in clean pint jars.
- Boil brine ingredients and pour over beets to within 1/2 inch of jar rim.
- Wipe rim to remove any splatters then apply domes and rings.
- Process 10 minutes in hot water bath canner. If any jars don't seal within 24 hours place them in the refrigerator and use immediately or reprocess using a new dome.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings