These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Crock Pot Balsamic Pork Roast
From Greener Acres Farm
<p>Our customer S.M. provided us with the link to this recipe. She writes: “Made this recipe tonight with the pork roast you delivered on Friday, and it was delicious!! Thank you! : )”</p> <p>The author of the recipe wrote: “I love making pork in the slow cooker, it’s so easy and literally falls apart once cooked. Here it’s cooked with balsamic vinegar and honey which gives it a slight tang that I love!”</p> <p>Thank you S.M. for sharing! If you or a friend have a recipe that you love using our farm fresh products, please share it with us.</p>Source: http://www.skinnytaste.com/crock-pot-balsamic-pork-roast/ (Entered by Cathie Dibert)
Serves: Approx. 8 3 oz servings
Step by Step Instructions
- Season the pork with salt, garlic powder and red pepper flakes and place it into the slow cooker.
- Mix together the broth, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce and pour it over the pork, then pour the honey over and set the timer for 4 hours on High or 6-8 hours on Low.
- Once the pork is cooked and tender (it should shred easily with a fork), remove from slow cooker with tongs into a serving dish.
- Break apart lightly with two forks and put back into the slow cooker.
- Ladle 1/2 cup sauce over the pork and keep warm until ready to eat. Read more at http://www.skinnytaste.com/crock-pot-balsamic-pork-roast/#qfLTKhDpD4WaPGe0.99
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings