These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
From Conway Regional Farmers Market
<p>This is a fast, yummy recipe to make with the fresh tomatoes from the Farmers Market. Make this recipe as an appetizer for your summer parties or as a delicious side dish. Enjoy! <br /> Prep Time: 5 minutes<br /> Cook Time: 15 minutes</p>Source: Conway Regional Health System Culinary Wellness Team (Entered by Conway Regional)
Serves: 3 slices per tomatoe
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/8 tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp fresh garlic
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
12 -1/2 inch thick tomatoe slices
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line baking sheet with foil.
- In a small bowl, combine Parmesan, oregano, salt, pepper, and garlic. Add olive oil and stir to form a moist mixture.
- Arrange tomato slices on baking sheet and spoon a heaping 1/2 tsp. Parmesan mixture on each slice, dividing evenly. Press into an even layer.
- Bake until tomatoes are soft and topping begins to brown, about 15 minutes. Serve hot.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings