These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Cucumber Lime Granita
<p>We haven’t tried this one yet, but getting up the nerve. (You’ll need a good movie in the <span class="caps">DVD</span> player to keep you company while you scrape.) Probably will substitute maple syrup for the sugar. Yep, I think it is worth it.</p>Source: Cookinglight.com (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
Serves: Depends on how hot it is outside!
Step by Step Instructions
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute; remove from heat.
- Add mint; let stand 10 minutes. Discard mint.
- Place juice mixture and cucumber in a blender; process until smooth. Cool completely.
- Pour mixture into an 11 x 7inch baking dish. Cover and freeze for 45 minutes; scrape with a fork.
- Freeze. Scrape mixture every 45 minutes until completely frozen (about 3 hours).
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings