These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Crispy Tofu Salad
<p>Tofu is actually quite good. We eat it a lot and can tell good tofu from not so good tofu. It’s not just a protein to add to something with lots of sauce that will be absorbed by the tofu. This “shake-n-bake” salad is excellent</p>Source: http://hipsterfood.tumblr.com/post/74849088282/westsoy-remember-those-vegan-cheesesteaks-us (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
Serves: 2-4 depending
Step by Step Instructions
- Put a high-sided pan on medium-high heat.
- Cut the tofu into 1/2-inch cubes. Put all the dry ingredients into a sealable container and shake together. Once combined, toss in the tofu cubes and shake again until everything’s fully coated.
- Now that the pan’s hot, pour in enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan, and a little extra. While you’re letting the oil heat, chop up the vegetables that’ll be in your salad.
- Carefully spoon in enough of the tofu cubes to partially cover the pan, but don’t crowd it. Let them fry up. They’ll start to brown a bit and become crispy when they’re done. Keep frying them in batches until they’re all done.
- Let the tofu rest on some paper towels or a cloth towel for a few minutes. Meanwhile, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and spoon on the tofu hot or cool with your salad, either way, tastes great! :)
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings