These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Crispy Paprika Chickpeas
<p>Full flavor, high protein snacking, at its best!</p>Source: biggirlssmallkitchen.com (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Use a dish towel or a salad spinner to make sure the chickpeas are as dry as possible. Lay them flat on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes, then shake to redistribute, and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the roasted chickpeas and toss until well coated. Return the chickpeas to the baking sheet and roast in the oven for 5 more minutes, until very fragrant.
- Serve warm or at room temperature as a table snack, or use them to top Spanish rice!
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings