These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Spicy Ginger Tofu-Noodle Salad
From Farm Where Life is Good
<p>Napa cabbage works wonderfully with hot-cold salads of the Asian variety. With a nice marinated protein atop, this flavor-filled salad makes a full meal fairly quickly. If you are not familiar with <strong>ginger root</strong>, buy a small knuckle in the produce section of the grocery and store it in a sealed plastic bag in the freezer. I use a Microplane zester to quickly prep the root for use in all Asian dishes, straight from the freezer, no need to peel. Adds a sweet, tangy flavor to salads, stirfry, hot/iced tea, lemonade among other things.</p>Source: An amalgamation (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
6 Tbsp olive oil
6 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
4 tsp minced/zested ginger root
4 minced garlic cloves
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp chili oil
1/2 tsp pepper flakes
4 green onions or 1.5in bunch chives, chopped
1 pkg fine rice noodles
1/2 head Napa cabbage
1 cucumber, diced
Step by Step Instructions
- Heat 2 Tbsp canola oil in large pan over medium-high heat; braise tofu, turning every few minutes once they are browned on each side. When well crisped, remove from heat, drain on papertowel.
- Mix olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger root, garlic, sugar, chili oil and flakes, green onions/chives in medium bowl. Add tofu to marinate for a few minutes while you prepare noodles and cabbage.
- Meanwhile prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Slice/shred cabbage nice and fine. Place in bottom of large-ish sized individual serving bowls. Add a bed of noodles atop the cabbage.
- Add tofu with marinade back to pan and heat through. Divide equally atop the noodle bed. Serve immediately.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings