These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
From Stones River Market
<p>Vegetarian, Vegan, & Dairy-Free!<br /> The Seeds of Success make these patties truly unique!<br /> Lentils are loaded with protein, iron, and B Vitamins.</p>Source: JENuine Health by Chef Jenny (Entered by Jenny Drake)
Serves: 4 servings, 20 small patties
Step by Step Instructions
- Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil. Add lentils. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While lentils are cooking, chop up your carrots and onions.
- Drain lentils well through a sieve. Place lentils in a large bowl.
- Add carrots, onions, sunflower seeds, cumin, salt, and soy sauce to the lentils. Mash mixture with a fork. Add flour and combine with the lentil mixture.
- Take a golf ball size amount of lentil mixture and place it in the palm of your hand. Press it into a patty. This recipe should make about 20 patties.
- Pour oil 1 inch deep in a large skillet. (I like to use my cast iron skillet for this recipe.) Turn heat to medium-high. When oil is hot, add patties. Fry until browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Place the patties on a plate lined with paper towels when done.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings