These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Asian noodles with Napa cabbage
<p>Light and flavorful, packed with good stuff. Kids might find the creative noodle type either fascinating and fun or ew! and gross!</p>Source: Adapted from: Wild About Greens by Nava Atlas (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
Step by Step Instructions
- Prepare noodles according to package directions (they aren't cooked like regular pasta noodles, beware.) Set aside.
- Fry tofu in 2 Tbsp sesame oil until just turning brown; use spatula to turn frequently.
- Add onion and stir-fry until translucent; add cabbage and stir-fry until cabbage is tender-crisp and lightly browned.
- Add sprouts and peppers; continue stir-fry until sprouts are tender-crisp.
- Add spinach and herbs and cook until just wilts.
- Whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, 1 Tbsp sesame oil and pour over vegetables; heating thru.
- Toss with noodles and chopped peanuts. Serve hot.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings