These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Tofu Quinoa Burgers
<p>Not too much fuss to make and great as make-ahead lunch options for the lunch box. High protein, low carb and great flavor.</p>Source: Not quite sure (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
Serves: Depends on patty size...
Step by Step Instructions
- In saucepan, boil ¾ cup water and add quinoa. Return to boil, reduce heat and cover. Cook approx 14min or until all water absorbed. Transfer to bowl to cool. (Or cook quinoa according to package directions.)
- Preheat oven 400F and lightly oil sheet pan.
- In sauté pan, sauté scallion/onion/chives in oil, approx 3-4min until soft. Stir in parsley and cook until wilted. Transfer to quinoa bowl.
- Drain (press if you'd like) and crumble tofu into quinoa bowl. Add herbs/spices, soy sauce, salt, garbanzo flour and almond butter/tahini; knead and mix with hands. Make ¼ cup patties approx. 1/2 in thick and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 20min, until tops are browned and crust has formed.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings