These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
From Farm Where Life is Good
<p>A quick and satisfying presentation with tofu (gasp!).</p>Source: food.com (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
1 8oz tofu, extra-firm (Wildwood brand is the best)
2 Tbsp Spike-brand herb seasoning mix
1 16oz Japanese Panko breadcrumbs
Step by Step Instructions
- Drain tofu well (if using a softer tofu, wrap in towel/papertowels and "press" with a heavy plate/cutting board/etc. to extract some liquid and firm up). Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut tofu into 1/4 inch slices/slabs/triangles.
- In mixing bowl, combine Spike seasoning with Panko crumbs.
- Dredge each slice of tofu into Panko mixture , coating both sides.
- Place tofu onto lightly oiled baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees. Flipping over after cooking for 15 minute. (Alternatively, lightly oil pan with olive oil, heat to medium-high and pan-fry tofu slabs to golden brown and crispy.)
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings