These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Dilly Poached Salmon
From Stones River Market
<p>A delicious,easy, low calorie summer meal.</p>Source: Don't remember (Entered by Kathleen and Ken Ferris)
Serves: Tailor it to your needs
Step by Step Instructions
- combine lemon, dill seed, peppercorns, 2 tsp salt and water in a skillet. Boil together for 10 minutes, then add salmon filets.
- Cook only a few minutes until salmon loses its transparency and flakes easily. Time will vary according to the thickness of the filets.
- Remove salmon and chill, covered.
- Combine sour cream (or yogurt), fresh dill and salt to taste. Add dash of lemon juice if desired.
- Serve salmon topped with dilly sauce. Add a green salad and you have an elegant meal.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings